Skip to main content
Add Me To Your Mailing List
THE GREEK AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
THE VOICE OF GREEK AMERICAN ENTERPRISE
About The Chamber
Officers & Directors
GREEK AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INC.
Minors: If you are a minor, you cannot use Our Site without the supervision of your parents or guardians. If you are a minor, you are not permitted to submit any personal information.
Information We Collect
Information Collected Through Your Usage of Our Site: While Our Site may automatically log information about you from your browser when you visit Our Site, (such as your IP address, the pages you visit and similar information), it does not collect any personally identifiable information about you during that process. We may use this information to conduct internal research on our users’ demographics, interests, and behavior to better understand and serve our users. This information may be compiled and analyzed on an aggregate basis. This information may include the URL that you just came from, which URL you next go to, what browser you are using, and your IP address.
Cookies: In addition, we may use “cookies” on certain pages of Our Site. Cookies are small files that can be used to track a user’s steps or automatically generate a user’s password. Some features of Our Site may only be available through the use of a cookie. Among other things, cookies allow you to enter your password less frequently during a session. Cookies can also help us provide information which is targeted to your interests. Cookies are stored on your hard drive, not on Our Site. Most cookies are automatically deleted at the end of a session. You may decline our cookies if your browser permits, although your use of Our Site may then be restricted (as noted above).
Your Posts: If you choose to post messages in our discussion boards, we will collect such information about you as you choose to disclose.
Your Credit Information: If you pay with a credit card for membership or other registration services that you obtain through Our Site, we collect some additional information, including billing address, credit card number and credit card expiration date and tracking information from checks or money orders.
Our Use of Your Information
Promotional Use: We use personal information about you to enhance our marketing and promotional efforts, and to improve our content and services provided by the Chamber. We may also use your information to deliver to you advertisements, new services and promotions, and other information to you that is targeted to your interests. You can avoid receiving some of this information by notifying us at the address shown below.
Administrative Notices, Etc. We use your email address, your mailing address, and phone number to contact you regarding administrative notices, such as meetings and events sponsored by the Greek American Chamber of Commerce, Inc., and communications relevant to your use of Our Site. If you do not wish to receive these communications, you may have the ability to opt out by notifying us at the address shown below.
Billing and Support: If you subscribe as a member to the Greek American Chamber of Commerce, Inc, we use your address and billing information to bill you and provide associated support.
Our Disclosure to Third Parties
We use practices that are consistent with standards in the industry to protect your privacy. We cannot, however, promise that your personally identifiable information or private communications will remain private. For example, third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We do not sell or rent any personally identifiable information about you to any third party. Your membership information will appear in the Members Only area of Our Site. We cannot guarantee, however, that non-members of the Chamber will not enter that area of Our Site.
Law Enforcement and Legal Proceedings. We may disclose any information about you to law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate, in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability. We may also be required to disclose any information about you to government authorities or private parties pursuant to legal requirements or court orders.
Third Parties: We may use third party contractors to assist us in providing the services available on Our Site. We will impose contractual restrictions on the use by third party contractors of information concerning you, and we do not permit third party suppliers to sell your information to third parties.
Use by You of Information
Use Limited to Site-Related Communications. Because of the nature of the services offered on Our Site, Our Site allows you, if you are a member of the Greek American Chamber of Commerce, Inc., to access other users’ contact information. You may use such information only for Our Site-related communications. Under no circumstances can you disclose personally identifiable information about another user to any third party without our consent and the consent of such other user after adequate disclosure. Note that law enforcement personnel, and other rights holders are given different rights with respect to information they access.
No Spam. Our Site and our users do not tolerate spam. Therefore, without limiting the foregoing, you are not licensed to add an Our Site user to your mail list (email or physical mail) without their express consent after adequate disclosure.
Disclosures You Make to Third Parties
Our Site does not control the privacy policies of third parties. When you disclose information to third parties on Our Site (or any other website) about yourself, you are subject to the privacy customs and policies of that third party.
Greek American Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
111 Wood Ave South, Iselin, New Jersey 08830-2700
1. OWNERSHIP. All content included on Our Site, including , but not limited to, text, pictures, graphic design and software (the "Materials"), is the exclusive property of The Greek American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. or others. In addition, the trademarks, logos and service marks displayed on Our Site (collectively, the "Marks") are registered and common law Trademarks of the Chamber, its affiliates, and various third parties. Nothing contained on Our Site should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel, or otherwise, any license or right to use any of the Materials or the Marks without the written permission of the Chamber or such other party that may own the Marks.
2. USE OF SITE. (a) Our Site and the content provided in Our Site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without the written permission of the Chamber, except that you may download, display and print one copy of the materials presented on Our Site on a single computer for your personal, non-commercial use only. (b) Unauthorized use of Our Site and/or the materials contained on Our Site may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws. You must retain all copyright and trademark notices, including any other proprietary notices, contained in the materials. (c) The use of such materials on any other web site or in any environment of networked computers is prohibited. (d) You are prohibited from posting or transmitting any unlawful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material or any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law. (e) Our Site is controlled and operated by The Greek American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. from its offices within the United States. The Greek American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. makes no representation that the contents of Our Site are appropriate for use in other locations outside the United States.
3. AGE AND RESPONSIBILITY. You represent that you are of sufficient legal age to use Our Site and to create binding legal obligations for any liability you may incur as a result of the use of Our Site. You understand that you are financially responsible for all uses of Our Site by you and those using your login information.
5. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS AND REGULATIONS. Your access to and use of Our Site is subject to all applicable international, United States federal, state and local laws and regulations and any other laws that may apply to the use of Our Site.
6. LINKS. Our Site contains links to other web sites which are provided solely as a convenience to you and not as an endorsement by the Chamber, its third party providers of the contents of such other web sites. None of the Chamber or any third party provider or distributor shall be responsible for the content of any other web sites and make no representation or warranty regarding any other web sites or the contents or materials on such web sites. If you decide to access other web sites, you do so at your own risk. In addition, if anyone links Our Site to another site it must not represent or imply that Our Site endorses or approves of the other site.
7. EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY. THE GREEK AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INC. AND ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS MAKE NO WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING OUR SITE AND/OR ANY MATERIALS PROVIDED ON OUR SITE, ALL OF WHICH ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. THE GREEK AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INC. AND ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS AND DISTRIBUTORS DO NOT WARRANT THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, CURRENCY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OF THE CONTENT OR DATA FOUND ON OUR SITE AND SUCH PARTIES EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND THOSE ARISING BY STATUTE OR OTHERWISE IN LAW OR FROM A COURSE OF DEALING OR USAGE OF TRADE. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE DISCLAIMER OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS WARRANTY GIVES YOU SPECIFIC RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THE GREEK AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INC. ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY, AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR, ANY DAMAGES TO, OR VIRUSES THAT MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY ON ACCOUNT OF YOUR ACCESS TO, USE OF, OR BROWSING IN OUR SITE OR YOUR DOWNLOADING OF ANY MATERIALS, DATA, TEXT, IMAGES, VIDEO OR AUDIO FROM THE SITE. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE GREEK AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INC. OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OR DISTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INJURY, LOSS, CLAIM, DAMAGE, OR ANY SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOST PROFITS OR LOST SAVINGS), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, WHICH ARISES OUT OF OR IS IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH (I) ANY USE OF OUR SITE OR CONTENT FOUND HEREIN, OR (II) THE PERFORMANCE OR NON PERFORMANCE BY THE GREEK AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INC. OR ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, EVEN IF SUCH PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF DAMAGES TO SUCH PARTIES OR ANY OTHER PARTY. If, notwithstanding the foregoing, the Chamber or any third party provider or distributor should be found liable for any loss or damage which arises out of or is in any way connected with any of the above described functions or uses of Our Site or its content, the liability of the Chamber, and the third party providers and distributors shall in no event exceed, in the aggregate, the greater of (a) the membership or event fee and service charge paid through Our Site, or (b) US$100.00. In its sole discretion, in addition to any other rights or remedies available to the Chamber and without any liability whatsoever, the Chamber at any time and without notice may terminate or restrict your access to any component of Our Site. Some states do not allow limitation of liability, so the foregoing limitation may not apply to you.
9. INDEMNIFICATION. You shall defend and indemnify the Chamber and any third party providers and distributors and their officers, directors, employees, agents, subsidiaries and affiliates from and against any claim, cause of action or demand, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, brought by or on your behalf in excess of the liability described herein or by third parties as a result of your use of Our Site.
10. RELEASE. YOU AGREE THAT YOU RELEASE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE THE GREEK AMERICAN CHAMBER OF COMMERCE, INC. AND ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, EMPLOYEES, SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS, FROM ANY OF LIABILITY, CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION, WHICH YOU NOW HAVE OR WHICH YOU MAY HAVE, RELATING TO USE OF OUR SITE BY YOU.
11. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION. This Agreement and its performance shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, United States of America (regardless of the laws that might be applicable under principles of conflicts of law or private international law). You consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, in all questions and controversies arising out of your use of Our Site and this Agreement.
11. ASSIGNMENT. You may not assign, convey, subcontract or delegate your rights, duties or obligations hereunder.
12. MODIFICATION. The Chamber may at any time modify these terms and conditions and your continued use of Our Site will be conditioned upon the terms and conditions in force at the time of your use.
13. ADDITIONAL TERMS. Additional terms and conditions may apply to reservations, purchases of goods and services and other uses of portions of Our Site, and you agree to abide by such other terms and conditions.
14. SEVERABILITY. These terms and conditions shall be deemed severable. In the event that any provision is determined to be unenforceable or invalid, such provision shall nonetheless be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, and such determination shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other remaining provisions.
15. HEADINGS. The heading used in these Terms and Conditions are included by convenience only and will not limit or otherwise affect these Terms and Conditions.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. These terms and conditions, together with those incorporated herein or referred to herein constitute the entire agreement between us relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes any prior understandings or agreements (whether oral or written) regarding the subject matter, and may not be amended or modified except in writing or by making such amendments or modifications available on Our Site.
19. CONTACT INFORMATION. Any questions concerning Our Site, or any Materials appearing on Our Site, should be directed to:
Greek American Chamber of Commerce, Inc.
111 Wood Ave South, Iselin, NJ 08830-2700
This Agreement was last revised on August 1, 2011
Your Registration Information: In order to (1) register for events of the Greek American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. through Our Site or (2) to become a member of the Greek American Chamber of Commerce, Inc., you may use our online registration form, where you will be required to provide us with your contact information and certain other personal information. Our Site only collects personally identifiable information when you voluntarily provide information to the Greek American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. through Our Site. The Greek American Chamber of Commerce, Inc. may use the information which you voluntarily furnish through Our Site or through other means (such as email or regular mail) to send you information and promotional material, to process your requests for information or services, or to customize Our Site for your future visits.